Harmony Christian Fellowship (Millington, Maryland, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Harmony Christian Fellowship in Millington, Maryland, USA was established in 1955 in a rural area on the eastern shore of Maryland. The congregation started when settlers from Dover, Delaware and Lancaster, Pennsylvania came to the area.

The congregation suffered a division in 1064-1964 when the founding ministers, serving a minority of the congregation retained use of the facility temporarily before moving to a remodeled dwelling. The majority of the congregation then returned to the meetinghouse.

In 2017 the church was a member of the Beachy Amish Mennonite Fellowship and had a membership of 45. The bishop was Stephen Stoltzfus, and the minister was Timothy Yoder.

Bibliography

"Amish Mennonite Churches in Maryland." The Beachy Amish Mennonites. 2013. Web. 9 February 2018. http://www.beachyam.org/churches/md.htm.

Anderson, Cory. The Amish-Mennonites of North America: a portrait of our people. Medina, New York: Ridgeway Publishing, 2012: 62-63.

Mennonite Church directory (2017): 42.

Yoder, Elmer S. The Beachy Amish Mennonite Fellowship Churches. Hartville, Ohio: Diakonia Ministries, 1987: 329-330.

Additional Information

Address: 108 Legion Road, Millington, Maryland

Phone:

Website:

Denominational Affiliations:

Beachy Amish Mennonite Fellowship

Map

Harmony Christian Fellowship


Author(s) Sam Steiner
Date Published February 2018


Cite This Article

MLA style

Steiner, Sam. "Harmony Christian Fellowship (Millington, Maryland, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 2018. Web. 15 Aug 2018. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Harmony_Christian_Fellowship_(Millington,_Maryland,_USA)&oldid=156708.

APA style

Steiner, Sam. (February 2018). Harmony Christian Fellowship (Millington, Maryland, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 15 August 2018, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Harmony_Christian_Fellowship_(Millington,_Maryland,_USA)&oldid=156708.




©1996-2018 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.