From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Milltown Hutterite Colony was founded in 1918 in Elie, Manitoba, as a relocation of the Milltown, South Dakota colony. 

Daughter colonies of Milltown Hutterite Colony include: Blumengart Hutterite Colony (Plum Coulee, Manitoba); Glenway Hutterite Colony (Dominion City, Manitoba); Millerdale Hutterite Colony (Miller, South Dakota); Norquay Hutterite Colony (Oakville, Manitoba); and Sunnyside Hutterite Colony (Newton Siding, Manitoba).

In 2012 the colony was a member of the Schmiedeleut Group 2. The minister of the colony was Dave Waldner and the manager of the colony was Joe Kleinsasser.

[edit] Additional Information

Location: Elie, Manitoba (coordinates: 49.960441, -97.737979 [49° 57′ 37″ N, 97° 44′ 16″ W]); located 39.7 kilometers (24.7 miles) east of Portage la Prairie and 43.2 km. (26.8 miles) north-west of Winnipeg.

Mailing Address: Box 250, Elie, Manitoba R0H OHO

Telephone: 204-353-4111

[edit] Maps

Map:Milltown Hutterite Colony, Elie, Manitoba


Author(s) Bert Friesen
Date Published February 2013


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Friesen, Bert. "Milltown Hutterite Colony (Elie, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 2013. Web. 30 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Milltown_Hutterite_Colony_(Elie,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=100505.

APA style

Friesen, Bert. (February 2013). Milltown Hutterite Colony (Elie, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Milltown_Hutterite_Colony_(Elie,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=100505.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.