Sunnyside Hutterite Colony (Newton Siding, Manitoba, Canada)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Sunnyside Hutterite Bruderhof, located 5 miles south of Newton Siding, Manitoba, was founded in 1939 by five families from the Milltown Hutterite Colony and their preacher Joseph Kleinsasser. In 1954 the Bruderhof numbered 93 souls with 37 baptized members.

In 2016 the Sunnyside Hutterite Colony was a Schmiedeleut Group 1 colony. The minister was David Kleinsasser and the manager was Cornelius Waldner.

Additional Information

Location: Newton Siding, Manitoba (coordinates: 49.875833, -98.098056 [49° 52' 33" N, 98° 05' 53" W])

Address: Box 1076, Newton Siding, MB R0H 0X0

Phone: 204-267-2147

Maps

Map:Sunnyside Hutterite Colony, Newton Siding, Manitoba


Author(s) David J. Decker
Bert Friesen
Date Published March 2017


Cite This Article

MLA style

Decker, David J. and Bert Friesen. "Sunnyside Hutterite Colony (Newton Siding, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. March 2017. Web. 20 Aug 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Sunnyside_Hutterite_Colony_(Newton_Siding,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=148132.

APA style

Decker, David J. and Bert Friesen. (March 2017). Sunnyside Hutterite Colony (Newton Siding, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 August 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Sunnyside_Hutterite_Colony_(Newton_Siding,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=148132.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 662. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.