Evangelical Mennonite Conference, properly "The Conference of Evangelical Mennonites," a joint conference of the Evangelical Mennonite Church (US) and the Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Church, was formed 14 June 1953. It did not constitute a true merger, since each conference maintained its own separate identity and name and internal organization. The joint conference had its own committees, published an official monthly organ The Evangelical Mennonite (first number July 1953) and annual Conference of Evangelical Mennonites Calendar. Organizationally it had an executive board, an executive secretary appointed by the Board, and four commissions as follows: Commission on Missions, Commission on Education, Commission on Promotion, Commission on Departments. An equal number of representatives of the two subsidiary conferences were appointed for a term of three years on the above. The conference met triennially.
In 1962 the two conferences terminated the joint conference.
|Author(s)||Harold S Bender|
 Cite This Article
Bender, Harold S. "Evangelical Mennonite Conference (United States)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 29 May 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Evangelical_Mennonite_Conference_(United_States)&oldid=102956.
Bender, Harold S. (1956). Evangelical Mennonite Conference (United States). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 May 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Evangelical_Mennonite_Conference_(United_States)&oldid=102956.
©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.