Tripp Hutterite Colony (Yankton, South Dakota, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Tripp Hutterite Bruderhof, South Dakota, the second Bruderhof of the Schmiedeleut group of the Hutterian Brethren, established in 1878 as a daughter of the Bon Homme Bruderhof near Yankton, located 36 miles northwest of Bon Homme, also called Neudorf and Neuhof. It sold its land in 1883 and bought a tract of land from the Rappites or Harmonists at Tidioute, Pennsylvania, where a total of 22 families settled in 1883-84. After two years the group moved back to South Dakota in 1886.


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Tripp Hutterite Colony (Yankton, South Dakota, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 27 Sep 2020. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Tripp_Hutterite_Colony_(Yankton,_South_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=155761.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1959). Tripp Hutterite Colony (Yankton, South Dakota, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 September 2020, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Tripp_Hutterite_Colony_(Yankton,_South_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=155761.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 749. All rights reserved.


©1996-2020 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.