Neuwied Mennonite Brethren Church (Neuwied, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany)

From GAMEO
Jump to navigation Jump to search

The Neuwied Mennonite Brethren Church in Germany was founded in 1951 by refugees from Russia and Poland. Most of these later immigrated to Canada, but the congregation continued as a mission under the leadership of J. W. Vogt, supported by the Mennonite Brethren Foreign Mission Board. By 1956 the congregation had acquired a meetinghouse and had 60 members, with J. W. Vogt as pastor. Only nine of the original 25 members were still members, the rest having immigrated to Canada.


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Neuwied Mennonite Brethren Church (Neuwied, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 31 Mar 2020. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Neuwied_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Neuwied,_Rheinland-Pfalz,_Germany)&oldid=125021.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1957). Neuwied Mennonite Brethren Church (Neuwied, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 31 March 2020, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Neuwied_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Neuwied,_Rheinland-Pfalz,_Germany)&oldid=125021.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 860. All rights reserved.


©1996-2020 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.