Lavoy Hutterite Colony (Lavoy, Alberta, Canada)

From GAMEO
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Lavoy Hutterite Colony in Lavoy, Alberta, Canada, was founded in 1970 as a division from the Pibroch Hutterite Colony (Westlock, Alberta, Canada). This colony was previously known as and referred to as the Vegreville Hutterite Colony (Vegreville, Alberta, Canada).

Daughter colonies of the Lavoy Hutterite Colony include: Mannville Hutterite Colony (Mannville, Alberta, Canada); and New Pine Hutterite Colony (Ellscott, Alberta, Canada).

In 2023 the Vegreville Hutterite Colony was a Dariusleut colony.

Additional Information

Location

Lavoy, Alberta (coordinates: 53.328333, -111.877778 [53° 19' 42" N, 111° 52' 40" W])

Address

Box 549, Vegreville, AB T9C 1R6

Switchboard Phone

780-658-3906

Managers and Ministers

Manager Minister Years
Paul Tschetter, 1929-2016 Daniel Tschetter, 1959-2006 1999
Paul Tschetter, 1929-2016 Daniel Tschetter, 1959-2006 2006
Paul Tschetter, 1929-2016 Edward Tschetter 2007
Paul Tschetter, 1929-2016 Edward Tschetter 2008
Henry Tschetter Edward Tschetter 2009
Henry Tschetter Edward Tschetter 2023


Author(s) Bert Friesen
Date Published January 2024

Cite This Article

MLA style

Friesen, Bert. "Lavoy Hutterite Colony (Lavoy, Alberta, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. January 2024. Web. 30 May 2024. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Lavoy_Hutterite_Colony_(Lavoy,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=178211.

APA style

Friesen, Bert. (January 2024). Lavoy Hutterite Colony (Lavoy, Alberta, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 May 2024, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Lavoy_Hutterite_Colony_(Lavoy,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=178211.




©1996-2024 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.