Kingview Mennonite Church (East Scottdale, Pennsylvania, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Kingview Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), in East Scottdale, Pennsylvania, a member of the Allegheny Conference, begun as a mission Sunday school in 1906, was organized as a congregation in January 1955. In 1958 it had 59 members, with Edwin Alderfer as pastor. The meetinghouse was built in 1952.

After holding summer joint services and combining a number of programs for several years, the Kingview and Scottdale congregations merged 1 June 2003.

Bibliography

Preheim, Rich. "Scottdale, Pa., congregations to merge." The Mennonite 6, no. 11 (3 June 2003): 6.

Additional Information

Address: 1007 Kingview Rd, Scottdale, Pennsylvania

Phone:

Website:

Denominational Affiliations: Allegheny Mennonite Conference

Mennonite Church USA

Pastoral Leaders at Kingview Mennonite Church

Name Years
of Service
H. Eugene Herr (1932-2012) 1955-1957
Millard C. Lind (1918-2015) 1957-1958
Edwin Alderfer (1922-2004) 1958-1983
Peter J. Dyck (1914-2010) 1983-1985
Elaine Horner Martin 1985-1990?
Linford Martin 1985-1997?
Conrad Mast 1998?-2003
Donna Mast 1998?-2003

Membership at Kingview Mennonite Church

Year Membership
1955 49
1960 59
1970 81
1980 126
1990 130
2000 134


Author(s) Harold S. Bender
Samuel J. Steiner
Date Published 1959

Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. and Samuel J. Steiner. "Kingview Mennonite Church (East Scottdale, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 30 May 2024. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Kingview_Mennonite_Church_(East_Scottdale,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=172459.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. and Samuel J. Steiner. (1959). Kingview Mennonite Church (East Scottdale, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 May 2024, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Kingview_Mennonite_Church_(East_Scottdale,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=172459.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1099. All rights reserved.


©1996-2024 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.