Herrick Mennonite Church (Clare, Michigan, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to navigation Jump to search

The Herrick Mennonite Church was located east of the city of Clare, Michigan. In 1952, the Midland Mennonite Church learned a former church building in Herrick was for sale. They held a Summer Bible School there in the summer and purchased the building on 19 September 1952. They had begun Sunday services in the building already on 13 July 1952.

The group was organized as a separate congregation on 11 September 1960 with 11 members.

In the mid-1960s, a 15-minute radio was produced at the Herrick church.

The Herrick Mennonite Church closed in 1976.

Bibliography

Preheim, Rich. In Pursuit of Faithfulness: Conviction, Conflict, and Compromise in Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Conference. Harrisonburg, Va.: Herald Press, 2016: 309.

Wenger, John Christian. The Mennonites in Indiana and Michigan. Scottdale, Pa.: Herald Press, 1961: 245-246.

Additional Information

Address: Clare, Michigan

Telephone:

Website:

Denominational Affiliations:

Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Conference

Mennonite Church (MC)

Pastoral Leaders at Herrick Mennonite Church

Name Years
of Service
Floyd F. Bontrager (1899-1992)(Bishop) 1952-1976

Herrick Mennonite Church Membership

Year Members
1960 18
1970 20
1976 10


Author(s) Samuel J Steiner
Date Published June 2024

Cite This Article

MLA style

Steiner, Samuel J. "Herrick Mennonite Church (Clare, Michigan, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. June 2024. Web. 25 Jul 2024. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Herrick_Mennonite_Church_(Clare,_Michigan,_USA)&oldid=179092.

APA style

Steiner, Samuel J. (June 2024). Herrick Mennonite Church (Clare, Michigan, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 July 2024, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Herrick_Mennonite_Church_(Clare,_Michigan,_USA)&oldid=179092.




©1996-2024 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.