Ferrybank Hutterite Colony (Ponoka, Alberta, Canada)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Ferrybank Hutterite Colony in Ponoka, Alberta, was founded in 1949 as a division from the Sandhills Hutterite Colony. It had a population of 75 in 1950.

Daughter colonies of the Ferrybank Hutterite Colony include: Warburg Hutterite Colony(Warburg, Alberta, Canada); and Prairie View Hutterite Colony (Sibbald, Alberta, Canada).

In 2017 Ferrybank Hutterite Colony was a Dariusleut colony.

Additional Information

Location

Ponoka, Alberta (coordinates: 52.774444, -113.843889 [52° 46' 28" N, 113° 50' 38" W])

Address

RR. 4, Site 3, Box 18, Ponoka, AB T4J 1R4

Switchboard Phone

403-754-5260

Managers and Ministers

Manager Minister Years
Edward Gross John Gross 1999
Edward Gross John Gross 2018

Maps

Map:Ferrybank Hutterite Colony, Ponoka, Alberta


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Bert Friesen
Date Published September 2018


Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin and Bert Friesen. "Ferrybank Hutterite Colony (Ponoka, Alberta, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. September 2018. Web. 24 Sep 2018. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Ferrybank_Hutterite_Colony_(Ponoka,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=161534.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin and Bert Friesen. (September 2018). Ferrybank Hutterite Colony (Ponoka, Alberta, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 September 2018, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Ferrybank_Hutterite_Colony_(Ponoka,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=161534.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 326. All rights reserved.


©1996-2018 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.