Felger Hutterite Colony (Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada)

From GAMEO
Jump to navigation Jump to search

The Felger Hutterite Bruderhof of 25 souls in 1951 near Lethbridge, Alberta, was founded in 1928. In the 1980s a dispute arose over entitlement and valuation of shares in a corporate farm in Alberta. This corporate farm, now valued at $5,700,000, had at one time been the Felger Hutterite colony. The Felger colony established the Pincher Creek Colony. Those who remained at Felger gradually rejected their religious heritage. At some stage in the 1940s [One source states it was in 1945] the colony was excommunicated from the Hutterian Brethren Church.

Bibliography

Esau, Alvin J. "Hutterite Litigation." 1997. [http://www.umanitoba.ca/Law/Courses/esau/litigation/huttlitigationweb.htm


http://www.umanitoba.ca/Law/Courses/esau/litigation/huttlitigationweb.htm]. (Accessed 13 October 2008).



Author(s) David Decker
Sam Steiner
Date Published 2008


Cite This Article

MLA style

Decker, David and Sam Steiner. "Felger Hutterite Colony (Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 2008. Web. 25 Aug 2019. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Felger_Hutterite_Colony_(Lethbridge,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=161533.

APA style

Decker, David and Sam Steiner. (2008). Felger Hutterite Colony (Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 August 2019, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Felger_Hutterite_Colony_(Lethbridge,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=161533.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 321. All rights reserved.


©1996-2019 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.