Big Bend Hutterite Colony (Cardston, Alberta, Canada)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Big Bend, a Hutterite Bruderhof near Woolford, Alberta, (east of Cardston) founded in 1922 by members of the New Elm Springs Bruderhof of Ethan, South Dakota, with their preacher Johann Entz, who had been chosen to the ministry in 1911 at the New Elm Springs Bruderhof. Jacob J. Entz was chosen preacher in 1940. In 1947 the Bruderhof numbered 135 souls, with 52 baptized members.

Daughter colonies of the Big Bend Hutterite Colony include: MacMillan Hutterite Colony (Cayley, Alberta, Canada); Cypress Hutterite Colony (Maple Creek, Saskatchewan, Canada); Huron Hutterite Colony (Brownlee, Saskatchewan, Canada); and Greenwood Hutterite Colony (Stand Off, Alberta, Canada).

In 2017 the Big Bend Hutterite Colony was a Lehrerleut colony.

Additional Information

Location

Cardston, Alberta (coordinates: 49.163611, -113.141111  [49° 09' 49" N, 113° 08' 28" W])

Address

Box 610, Cardston, AB T0K 0K0

Switchboard Phone

403-653-4383

Managers and Ministers

Manager Minister Years
Tim G. Gross Jake Waldner 2006
Tim G. Gross Jake Waldner 2018


Author(s) David Decker
Bert Friesen
Date Published February 2018


Cite This Article

MLA style

Decker, David and Bert Friesen. "Big Bend Hutterite Colony (Cardston, Alberta, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 2018. Web. 18 Dec 2018. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Big_Bend_Hutterite_Colony_(Cardston,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=156842.

APA style

Decker, David and Bert Friesen. (February 2018). Big Bend Hutterite Colony (Cardston, Alberta, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 December 2018, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Big_Bend_Hutterite_Colony_(Cardston,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=156842.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 341. All rights reserved.


©1996-2018 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.