From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:34, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Sunnyside Mennonite Church (formerly Sunnyside Conservative (Amish) Mennonite Church), located a half mile east of Kalona, Iowa, was the third meetinghouse for the Conservative Mennonite congregation in the Kalona area, the other two being Upper Deer Creekand Fairview. In was established in 1957. In 1959 the membership was 156, with Morris Swartzendruber and Albert Miller as ministers.

In 2012 the leading minister was John King and the congregational membership was 151.

Bibliography

Hershberger, Brenda. Anabaptist (Mennonite) Directory 2012-13. Harrisonburg, VA: The Sword and Trumpet, 2012: 55.

Additional Information

Address: 1135 Larch Ave, Kalona IA 52247-9101

Telephone: 319-656-4530

Denominational Affiliation:

Conservative Mennonite Conference


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Richard D. Thiessen
Date Published April 2012


Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin and Richard D. Thiessen. "Sunnyside Conservative Mennonite Church (Kalona, Iowa, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 2012. Web. 24 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Sunnyside_Conservative_Mennonite_Church_(Kalona,_Iowa,_USA)&oldid=85466.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin and Richard D. Thiessen. (April 2012). Sunnyside Conservative Mennonite Church (Kalona, Iowa, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Sunnyside_Conservative_Mennonite_Church_(Kalona,_Iowa,_USA)&oldid=85466.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 662. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.