From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Fairview Mennonite Church in Kalona, Iowa in 1947.
Source: Mennonite Community Photograph Collection, The Congregation (HM4-134 Box 1 photo 011.1-1).
Mennonite Church USA Archives, Goshen, Indiana
.

The Fairview Mennonite Church (formerly Fairview Conservative Amish Mennonite) was originally a part of the Upper Deer Creek-Fairview congregation, located four miles (6.5 km) north and two miles (3.3 km) east of Kalona, Iowa. To serve members living in this area a meetinghouse 42 x 60 ft. was built in 1936. Ministers who served this congregation included Elmer G. Swartzendruber, bishop; Albert S. Miller, Jacob J. Miller, and Morris Swartzendruber, ministers; and Noah S. Miller, deacon. The 1954 membership of the congregation was 470.

In 2008 the membership was 179; the pastor was John Hershberger.

See also Upper Deer Creek.

[edit] Additional Information

Address: 5710 Highway 1 SW, Kalona, Iowa

Phone: 319-656-3297

Denominational Affiliation:

Conservative Mennonite Conference


Author(s) Elmer G Swartzendruber
Date Published 2008


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Swartzendruber, Elmer G. "Fairview Mennonite Church (Kalona, Iowa, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 2008. Web. 24 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Fairview_Mennonite_Church_(Kalona,_Iowa,_USA)&oldid=116858.

APA style

Swartzendruber, Elmer G. (2008). Fairview Mennonite Church (Kalona, Iowa, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Fairview_Mennonite_Church_(Kalona,_Iowa,_USA)&oldid=116858.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 290. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.