From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Old Colony Mennonite Church (Alt-Kolonie Mennonitengemeinde) in the Virgil area was founded in 1991. In 1994 they purchased the building formerly owned by Niagara Christian Fellowship, a Mennonite Brethren congregation, seating 300.

In 2010 the congregation was led by Aeltester Herman Bergen and had services in both Low German and High German. Membership was approximately 200.

[edit] Bibliography

Dyck, Peter and Henry Friesen. "Old Colony Mennonite Church of Ontario" in Old Colony Mennonites in Canada 1875 to 2000, edited by Delbert F. Plett. Steinbach, MB: Crossway Publications, Inc., 2001: 163-167.

Gutsche, Horst W. "Verzeichnis deutschsprachiger Gemeinden und Seelsorger in Kanada." March 2010. Web. 23 February 2012. http://www.uwinnipeg.ca/index/cms-filesystem-action/pdfs/german-cdn/101217-1.pdf.

[edit] Additional Information

Address: 1204 Concession 2 Road, Niagara On the Lake, ON L0S 1J0

Telephone: 905-468-1620


Author(s) Richard D Thiessen
Date Published February 2012


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Thiessen, Richard D. "Old Colony Mennonite Church (Virgil, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 2012. Web. 24 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Old_Colony_Mennonite_Church_(Virgil,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=83737.

APA style

Thiessen, Richard D. (February 2012). Old Colony Mennonite Church (Virgil, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Old_Colony_Mennonite_Church_(Virgil,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=83737.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.