Jump to: navigation, search

Moorepark Mennonite Church (MC) was established as an outpost of the Middlebury, Indiana, congregation (MC) in 1947. In 1955 the congregation became independent. The meetinghouse was purchased from a former Reformed congregation. At first the preaching was done by Wilbur Yoder, pastor of the sponsoring congregation, but in 1948 Etril Leinbach was ordained preacher; eight years later he became bishop. In 1958 the membership was 63, with Leinbach serving as pastor.

[edit] Additional Information

Address: 55701 Wilbur Road, Three Rivers MI 49093

Phone: 269-279-2719

Author(s) J. C Wenger
Date Published 1959

[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Wenger, J. C. "Moorepark Mennonite Church (Three Rivers, Michigan, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 27 Oct 2016.,_Michigan,_USA)&oldid=136491.

APA style

Wenger, J. C. (1959). Moorepark Mennonite Church (Three Rivers, Michigan, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 October 2016, from,_Michigan,_USA)&oldid=136491.

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1110. All rights reserved.

©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.