From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Michalin Mennonite community and church was located near Machnovka in the province of Volhynia, Polish Russia (Ukraine). The community was settled in 1787 by families from the Graudenz area of the Vistula River but the congregation seems not to have organized until 1811, when David Siebrandt was elected minister. He was called to be elder in 1816, and was succeeded in 1852 by Johann Schroder. In 1874-1878 the entire group emigrated to Kansas, where in the following year the congregation became the Gnadenberg Mennonite Church.

[edit] Bibliography

Goertz, Adalbert. "Deutsch-Michalin Mennonites." Web. 27 April 2015. http://www.mennonitegenealogy.com/russia/michalin.htm.


Author(s) John F Schmidt
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Schmidt, John F. "Michalin Mennonite Church (Volyn Oblast, Ukraine)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 2 Jul 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Michalin_Mennonite_Church_(Volyn_Oblast,_Ukraine)&oldid=131470.

APA style

Schmidt, John F. (1957). Michalin Mennonite Church (Volyn Oblast, Ukraine). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 2 July 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Michalin_Mennonite_Church_(Volyn_Oblast,_Ukraine)&oldid=131470.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 667. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.