From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Jamesville Hutterite Bruderhof, Utica, South Dakota, was founded in 1884 by several families from  the Wolf Creek Bruderhof. Their preacher, Elias Walter, Sr., was chosen to the ministry in 1889 in Wolf Creek. In 1918 the Bruderhof sold its possessions and moved to Alberta, founding the Springvale Bruderhof near Rocky Ford. In 1936 the Jamesville site was bought by the Roseisle Hutterite Colony from Manitoba, which moved as a colony to the new site. Their preacher, Friedrich Waldner, was chosen in the Roseisle Bruderhof. In 1950 the Jamesville settlement numbered 107 souls.

In 2012 the Jamesville Hutterite Colony was a Schmiedeleut Group 2 colony. The minister was Leonard Wurtz and the manager was Edwin Wurtz.

[edit] Additional Information

Location: Utica, South Dakota (coordinates: 43.103056, -97.4825 [43˚ 06′ 11″ N 97˚ 28′ 57″ W])

Address: 43582 NE Jim River Rd., Utica, SD 57067-5103

Telephone: 605-364-7684


Author(s) David Decker
Bert Friesen
Date Published March 2013


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Decker, David and Bert Friesen. "Jamesville Hutterite Colony (Utica, South Dakota, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. March 2013. Web. 27 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Jamesville_Hutterite_Colony_(Utica,_South_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=82483.

APA style

Decker, David and Bert Friesen. (March 2013). Jamesville Hutterite Colony (Utica, South Dakota, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Jamesville_Hutterite_Colony_(Utica,_South_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=82483.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 70. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.