From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Huron Hutterite Bruderhof 12 miles (19.3 kilometers) northeast of Huron, South Dakota, was founded in 1906 by 10 families from the Bon Homme Bruderhof and their preacher Joseph Waldner, who was chosen to the ministry in 1905 in the Bon Homme colony. In 1911 Michael Waldner was chosen to the ministry. In 1918 the Bruderhof sold its property and migrated to Canada, founding the Huron Bruderhof in Manitoba.

In 1936 a new colony by the same name was founded as a re-formation of the abandoned colony site by part of a group from the Roseisle Hutterite Colony. 

In 2012 the Huron Hutterite Colony was a Schmiedeleut Group 2 colony. The minister was Terry Waldner and the manager was Marvin Wollman.

[edit] Additional Information

Location: Huron, South Dakota (coordinates: 44.564167, -98.208889 [44˚ 33′ 51″ N, 98˚ 12′ 32″ W])

Address: 40068 Huron Colony Lane, Huron, SD 57350-8001

Telephone: 605-352-2799


Author(s) David Decker
Bert Friesen
Date Published March 2013


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Decker, David and Bert Friesen. "Huron Hutterite Colony (Huron, South Dakota, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. March 2013. Web. 24 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Huron_Hutterite_Colony_(Huron,_South_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=95363.

APA style

Decker, David and Bert Friesen. (March 2013). Huron Hutterite Colony (Huron, South Dakota, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Huron_Hutterite_Colony_(Huron,_South_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=95363.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 846. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.