From GAMEO
Revision as of 14:35, 23 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Gospel Witness Company was organized in 1905 by Jacob S. Loucks, Aaron Loucks, and A. D. Martin at Scottdale, Pennsylvania, in order to publish a weekly religious periodical, the Gospel Witness (1905-1908). At first the business of the company was carried on in the home of Aaron Loucks. Soon a two-story frame building, 30 x 70 ft., was constructed, and two years later an additional three-story brick building 40 x 70 ft. When the Gospel Witness was merged in 1908 with the Herald of Truth to form the Gospel Herald, the assets of the Gospel Witness Company were sold to the Mennonite Publication Board, and the company was dissolved.


Author(s) Paul Erb
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Erb, Paul. "Gospel Witness Company (Scottdale, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 24 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Gospel_Witness_Company_(Scottdale,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=94887.

APA style

Erb, Paul. (1956). Gospel Witness Company (Scottdale, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Gospel_Witness_Company_(Scottdale,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=94887.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 551. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.