From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Gospel Witness Company was organized in 1905 by Jacob S. Loucks, Aaron Loucks, and A. D. Martin at Scottdale, Pennsylvania, in order to publish a weekly religious periodical, the Gospel Witness (1905-1908). At first the business of the company was carried on in the home of Aaron Loucks. Soon a two-story frame building, 30 x 70 ft., was constructed, and two years later an additional three-story brick building 40 x 70 ft. When the Gospel Witness was merged in 1908 with the Herald of Truth to form the Gospel Herald, the assets of the Gospel Witness Company were sold to the Mennonite Publication Board, and the company was dissolved.


Author(s) Paul Erb
Date Published 1956


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Erb, Paul. "Gospel Witness Company (Scottdale, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 5 Dec 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Gospel_Witness_Company_(Scottdale,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=133246.

APA style

Erb, Paul. (1956). Gospel Witness Company (Scottdale, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 5 December 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Gospel_Witness_Company_(Scottdale,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=133246.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 551. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.