Goods (Good) Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), a member of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference, built its first meetinghouse about 1815 between Falmouth and Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania, four miles (6.5 km) from the latter, on land given by Melchior Brenneman, who had moved into the community from New Danville. This meetinghouse was replaced by a later church in 1879. Sunday school was opened here by D. N. Gish and S. E. Ebersole in 1890, following a community union effort. In 1953 the membership was 175. After 1936 the congregation conducted a mission Sunday school at Cedar Hill and supported the Steelton mission work, opened the same year. Noah W. Risser and Clarence E. Lutz were the bishops in charge in 1955, with Ira Z. Miller as minister and Walter W. Ebersole and Joseph H. Nissley as deacons. The congregation operated a summer Bible school at Cedar Hill.
In 2008 the membership was 81; the pastor was J. Nelson Bechtold.
 Additional Information
Address: 4374 Bossler Road, Bainbridge, Pennsylvania
|Author(s)||Ira D Landis|
 Cite This Article
Landis, Ira D. "Goods Mennonite Church (Bainbridge, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 22 Jan 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Goods_Mennonite_Church_(Bainbridge,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=122863.
Landis, Ira D. (1956). Goods Mennonite Church (Bainbridge, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 January 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Goods_Mennonite_Church_(Bainbridge,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=122863.
©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.