From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

First Mennonite Church of Broken Bow (formerly Broken View Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church (MC)) was located four miles (6.5 km) north and two miles (three km) northeast of Broken Bow, Nebraska. It was organized in June 1923 by Daniel Lapp and in 1953 had 46 members, with Royden Schweitzer as minister. Its meetinghouse was built in 1938.

In the early 1980s it moved into the town of Broken Bow at North 16th and B Street. It closed in the late 1990s; the last pastor was Alvin B. Eichelberger. The membership in 1996 was 12.

[edit] Bibliography

Mennonite Yearbook (1992): 62; (1996): 64.


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Sam Steiner
Date Published 2009


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin and Sam Steiner. "First Mennonite Church of Broken Bow (Broken Bow, Nebraska, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 2009. Web. 24 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=First_Mennonite_Church_of_Broken_Bow_(Broken_Bow,_Nebraska,_USA)&oldid=77235.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin and Sam Steiner. (2009). First Mennonite Church of Broken Bow (Broken Bow, Nebraska, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=First_Mennonite_Church_of_Broken_Bow_(Broken_Bow,_Nebraska,_USA)&oldid=77235.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 436. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.