From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Medaryville (Indiana) Civilian Public Service Camp No. 28, which is about five miles (8 km) north of Medaryville, was opened in the Jasper-Pulaski Game Preserve when the Bluffton, IN, Camp No. 13 was moved to this location in early April 1942. It was a Mennonite-administered camp, and was the site of a handicraft institute in September 1944 and a conscription institute in March 1945. The men worked in a tree seedling nursery and on a game farm and participated in emergency farm work. The Peace Sentinel was published by the camp from July 1942 to March 1946. The camp was closed in April 1946.

[edit] Bibliography

Gingerich, Melvin. Service for Peace: a history of Mennonite Civilian Public Service. Akron, PA: Mennonite Central Committee, 1949: 126-128.


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "Civilian Public Service Camp (Medaryville, Indiana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 29 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Camp_(Medaryville,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=86828.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1957). Civilian Public Service Camp (Medaryville, Indiana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Camp_(Medaryville,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=86828.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 549. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.