Spring Valley Mennonite Brethren Church (Ulysses, Kansas, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Spring Valley Mennonite Brethren Church, located 5 miles west and 4.5 miles south of Ulysses, Kansas, dates back to 1927 when the first services were held in the Spring Valley School. The congregation was organized in 1928. Among the charter members were Harms, Kliewer, Neufeld, Karber, and Buschman families, from Kansas and Oklahoma. The first leader was Isaac Harms. In November 1943 a meetinghouse was moved from Liberal, Kansas, and dedicated. A parsonage was added in 1951. The first full-time pastor was Elmer Jantz.

In 1958 the membership was 72, and the pastor John H. Flaming.

Additional Information

Denominational Affiliation:

Southern District of Mennonite Brethren Churches

U. S. Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches

General Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches


Author(s) John H Flaming
Date Published 1959

Cite This Article

MLA style

Flaming, John H. "Spring Valley Mennonite Brethren Church (Ulysses, Kansas, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 14 Jun 2021. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Spring_Valley_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Ulysses,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=116351.

APA style

Flaming, John H. (1959). Spring Valley Mennonite Brethren Church (Ulysses, Kansas, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 14 June 2021, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Spring_Valley_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Ulysses,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=116351.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 601. All rights reserved.


©1996-2021 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.