Pleasant Grove Mennonite Church (Pendleton County, West Virginia, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Pleasant Grove Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), located in Pendleton County, West Virginia, is a member of the Northern District of the Virginia Mennonite Conference. Serv­ices were first held at this place in an old tannery and in nearby schoolhouses beginning about 1885, under the leadership of bishops John Geil and Abra­ham Shank. In 1903 a frame church was built, which still serves the congregation. Until this time the ministry was supplied from Rockingham Coun­ty, Virginia. The membership in 1956 was 54, and the pastor Lloyd O. Hartzler, who was ordained in 1945.


Author(s) Timothy Showalter
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Showalter, Timothy. "Pleasant Grove Mennonite Church (Pendleton County, West Virginia, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 16 Jul 2019. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Pleasant_Grove_Mennonite_Church_(Pendleton_County,_West_Virginia,_USA)&oldid=140983.

APA style

Showalter, Timothy. (1959). Pleasant Grove Mennonite Church (Pendleton County, West Virginia, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 16 July 2019, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Pleasant_Grove_Mennonite_Church_(Pendleton_County,_West_Virginia,_USA)&oldid=140983.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 190. All rights reserved.


©1996-2019 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.