Difference between revisions of "Pilgrim Mennonite Press"

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[checked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130823)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 
Pilgrim Mennonite Press was organized late in 1958 to be a publishing agency for a group of conservative-minded individuals who had held several interest-meetings at the [[Pilgrim Mennonite Church (Amelia, Virginia, USA)|Pilgrim Mennonite Church]] ([[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]]), Amelia, Virginia. On 18 January 1959, before any actual publication was undertaken, it merged with the [[Herald of Truth (Uniontown, Ohio) (Periodical)|<em>Herald of Truth</em>]] to form a board of twelve members known as Herald of Truth Publications, Inc., with its principal place of business at Hartville, Ohio. Paul M. Landis of Norfolk, Virginia, was chairman at the time, as he was of the Pilgrim Press.
 
Pilgrim Mennonite Press was organized late in 1958 to be a publishing agency for a group of conservative-minded individuals who had held several interest-meetings at the [[Pilgrim Mennonite Church (Amelia, Virginia, USA)|Pilgrim Mennonite Church]] ([[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]]), Amelia, Virginia. On 18 January 1959, before any actual publication was undertaken, it merged with the [[Herald of Truth (Uniontown, Ohio) (Periodical)|<em>Herald of Truth</em>]] to form a board of twelve members known as Herald of Truth Publications, Inc., with its principal place of business at Hartville, Ohio. Paul M. Landis of Norfolk, Virginia, was chairman at the time, as he was of the Pilgrim Press.
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 1115|date=1959|a1_last=Bender|a1_first=Harold S|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
+
 
 +
The following year, Pilgrim Mennonite Press disengaged from Herald of Truth, and relocated to Crockett, [[Kentucky (USA)|Kentucky]] as Rod and Staff Publishers, Inc.
 +
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 1115|date=November 2018|a1_last=Bender|a1_first=Harold S|a2_last=Steiner|a2_first=Sam}}
 +
[[Category:Publishers]]

Latest revision as of 19:16, 20 November 2018

Pilgrim Mennonite Press was organized late in 1958 to be a publishing agency for a group of conservative-minded individuals who had held several interest-meetings at the Pilgrim Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), Amelia, Virginia. On 18 January 1959, before any actual publication was undertaken, it merged with the Herald of Truth to form a board of twelve members known as Herald of Truth Publications, Inc., with its principal place of business at Hartville, Ohio. Paul M. Landis of Norfolk, Virginia, was chairman at the time, as he was of the Pilgrim Press.

The following year, Pilgrim Mennonite Press disengaged from Herald of Truth, and relocated to Crockett, Kentucky as Rod and Staff Publishers, Inc.


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Sam Steiner
Date Published November 2018


Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S and Sam Steiner. "Pilgrim Mennonite Press." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. November 2018. Web. 12 Dec 2018. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Pilgrim_Mennonite_Press&oldid=162468.

APA style

Bender, Harold S and Sam Steiner. (November 2018). Pilgrim Mennonite Press. Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 12 December 2018, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Pilgrim_Mennonite_Press&oldid=162468.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1115. All rights reserved.


©1996-2018 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.