Mennonite Bible Fellowship (Morris, Pennsylvania, USA)
The Morris Mennonite Church began as a church plant in 1954 by mission-minded Mennonites from the Franconia Mennonite Conference who settled in the tannery town of Morris, Pennsylvania, USA. The earliest leader was Robert Felton who led Sunday evening services, but by 1956 Arthur Kolb was the pastor, supported by the Franconia Conference Mission Board.
In the mid 1970s the congregation took the name, Mennonite Bible Fellowship.
In the early 2000s the Mennonite Bible Fellowship tried to meet their neighbors on “common ground” in community events, shoveling snow, sharing home grown food and providing support during hard times. Since Morris is small and economically distressed, everyone knows everyone and lends a hand when needed.
Mennonite Church USA. Directory (2003-2007)
Mennonite Yearbook (1954-1999)
Walter, Jessica. “Emboding a collaborative missionality.” Franconia Mennonite Conference. 6 June 2008. Web. 13 September 2016. http://franconiaconference.org/emboding-a-collaborative-missionality/.
Address: 1912 Rte 287 Hwy, Morris, Pennsylvania 16938
Mennonite Bible Fellowship Pastoral Leaders
|Paul K. Benner||1971-2004?|
|David Weaver (Interim)||2005-2007|
|John J. Brodnicki||2007-present|
Mennonite Bible Fellowship Membership
|Author(s)||Samuel J Steiner|
|Date Published||September 21016|
Cite This Article
Steiner, Samuel J. "Mennonite Bible Fellowship (Morris, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. September 21016. Web. 20 Sep 2020. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mennonite_Bible_Fellowship_(Morris,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=168883.
Steiner, Samuel J. (September 21016). Mennonite Bible Fellowship (Morris, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 September 2020, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mennonite_Bible_Fellowship_(Morris,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=168883.
©1996-2020 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.