East White Oak Bible Church (Carlock, Illinois, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to navigation Jump to search

The East White Oak Bible Church (formerly East White Oak Mennonite Church), is an independent, non-denominational church at 11922 East 2000 North Road, Carlock, McLean County, Illinois, was organized in 1892 with Peter Schantz as pastor, and a church was built in the same year. Emanuel Troyer was ordained as assistant pastor in 1899, and later succeeded Schantz as bishop or elder of the church, which he served until 1928. R. J. Zehr was then called to serve as pastor. The church was a member of the Central Conference of Mennonites from its beginning until 1934, at which time it severed its relation with the conference and has since operated as an independent congregation. In 1934 the membership was 260.

Bibliography

Smith, Willard H. Mennonites in Illinois. Studies in Anabaptist and Mennonite History, 24. Scottdale, Pa.: Herald Press, 1983: 332-333, 352-353, 532-533.

Additional Information

Address: 11922 East 2000 North Road, Carlock, Illinois 61725

Phone: 309-454-3833 or 309-376-6771

Website: https://eastwhiteoak.church/

Denominational Affiliations:

Pastoral Leaders at East White Oak Mennonite Church

Name Years
of Service
Peter Schantz (1853-1925)
(Bishop)
1892-1900
1900-1910
Emanuel Troyer (1871-1942)
(Bishop)
1899-1911
1911-1928
Earl Salzman (1895-1961) 1920-1927
Reuben J. Zehr (1899-1972) 1928-1934


Author(s) Raymond L Hartzler
Date Published 1955

Cite This Article

MLA style

Hartzler, Raymond L. "East White Oak Bible Church (Carlock, Illinois, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1955. Web. 26 Feb 2024. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=East_White_Oak_Bible_Church_(Carlock,_Illinois,_USA)&oldid=174348.

APA style

Hartzler, Raymond L. (1955). East White Oak Bible Church (Carlock, Illinois, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 February 2024, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=East_White_Oak_Bible_Church_(Carlock,_Illinois,_USA)&oldid=174348.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 130. All rights reserved.


©1996-2024 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.