East Hanover Mennonite Church (Palmyra, Pennsylvania, USA)
East Hanover Mennonite Church was founded in 1953 as a mission outreach of the Stauffer Mennonite Church in Sandbeach, Pennsylvania, USA, a small community north of Hershey, Pennsylvania. In 1958 the mission moved to East Hanover, Palmyra, Pennsylvania where a building formerly used by the Church of the Brethren was purchased.
Peter G. Smith was the first local minister; he was ordained 3 June 1962.
In 2019 the leading minister was Timothy Stauffer, the congregational membership was 47, and the average weekly attendance was 55.
Biblical Mennonite Alliance. Directory (August 2015); (2019): 21.
Biblical Mennonite Alliance. "Directory of BMA Congregations." Web. 3 May 2012. http://www.biblicalmennonite.com/congregations.html
Hershberger, Brenda. Anabaptist (Mennonite) Directory 2012-13. Harrisonburg, VA: The Sword and Trumpet, 2012: 38.
"Peter Smith...." Gospel Herald 55, no. 26 (26 June 1962): 589.
"Sandbeach...." Gospel Herald 51, no. 14 (8 April 1958): 336.
Address: 585 Laudermilch Road, Palmyra, PA 17078
Denominational Affiliation: Biblical Mennonite Alliance
Ordained Pastors at East Hanover Mennonite Church
|Peter G. Smith||1962-1976?|
|John K. Brenneman||1976-2001?|
Membership at East Hanover Mennonite Church
|Author(s)||Richard D. Thiessen|
|Date Published||May 2019|
Cite This Article
Thiessen, Richard D. and Sam Steiner. "East Hanover Mennonite Church (Palmyra, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. May 2019. Web. 19 Jun 2019. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=East_Hanover_Mennonite_Church_(Palmyra,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=164003.
Thiessen, Richard D. and Sam Steiner. (May 2019). East Hanover Mennonite Church (Palmyra, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 June 2019, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=East_Hanover_Mennonite_Church_(Palmyra,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=164003.
©1996-2019 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.