Detroit Mennonite Fellowship (Detroit, Michigan, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to navigation Jump to search

The Detroit Mennonite Fellowship, Detroit, Michigan, USA, began in 1975 in Detroit's western suburbs. It held its first meeting on 26 January 1975 and agreed to meet every second and fourth Sunday afternoon. Myrna Schmucker and Rosalind Andreas provided some early leadership. Membership reached a high of the mid-30s in the early 1980s.

The Fellowship joined the Central District Conference of the General Conference Mennonite Church in 1978 and the General Conference in 1980.

The Detroit Mennonite Fellowship closed in 1997.

Bibliography

"New congregations forming from Phoenix to Wilkes-Barre." The Mennonite 90, no. 11 (18 March 1975): 178.

Rich, Elaine Sommers, ed. Walking Together in Faith: The Central District Conference, 1957-1990. Bluffton, Ohio: The Conference, 2003: 79.

Additional Information

Address: Met in homes

Phone:

Website:

Denominational Affiliations: Central District Conference

General Conference Mennonite Church

Pastoral Leaders at Detroit Mennonite Fellowship

Name Years
of Service
Lay Leadership 1975-1997

Membership at Detroit Mennonite Fellowship

Year Membership
1980 20
1990 5
1996 10


Author(s) Samuel J Steiner
Date Published December 2022

Cite This Article

MLA style

Steiner, Samuel J. "Detroit Mennonite Fellowship (Detroit, Michigan, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. December 2022. Web. 26 Feb 2024. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Detroit_Mennonite_Fellowship_(Detroit,_Michigan,_USA)&oldid=174457.

APA style

Steiner, Samuel J. (December 2022). Detroit Mennonite Fellowship (Detroit, Michigan, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 February 2024, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Detroit_Mennonite_Fellowship_(Detroit,_Michigan,_USA)&oldid=174457.




©1996-2024 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.