Civilian Public Service Unit (American Fork, Utah, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to navigation Jump to search
CPS unit #127, ca. 1945.
Scan courtesy of Mennonite Library and Archives, Bethel College, North Newton, KS: #2011-0016

American Fork, Utah, was the location of Mennonite Civilian Public Service Unit Number 127, which was established at the Utah Training School in January 1944 and closed in February 1946. It housed 650 children on a six hundred-acre farm. The fifteen men of the unit worked mainly on the farm, doing diversified tasks, including the maintenance of the grounds and the plant. A few spent most of their time doing attendant work with children.


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1955

Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "Civilian Public Service Unit (American Fork, Utah, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1955. Web. 19 Aug 2022. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Unit_(American_Fork,_Utah,_USA)&oldid=163031.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1955). Civilian Public Service Unit (American Fork, Utah, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 August 2022, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Unit_(American_Fork,_Utah,_USA)&oldid=163031.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 87. All rights reserved.


©1996-2022 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.