Christian Living (Periodical)

From GAMEO
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Christian Living began as a 48-page monthly magazine for home and community. It was a merger of the Christian Monitor (1909-1953) and the Mennonite Community (1947-1953). Its first issue, January, 1954, was published by the Mennonite Publishing House, Scottdale, Pennsylvania. The initial editorial staff consisted of Millard Lind, editor, Daniel Hertzler, John A. Hostetler, and Alta Mae Erb. Circulation was 14,000 in 1953. Publication ended in December 2002 because of declining subscriptions. From 1994-2002 it had been published eight times per year.


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Samuel J. Steiner
Date Published 2005

Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S and Samuel J. Steiner. "Christian Living (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 2005. Web. 6 Jul 2022. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Christian_Living_(Periodical)&oldid=165690.

APA style

Bender, Harold S and Samuel J. Steiner. (2005). Christian Living (Periodical). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 6 July 2022, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Christian_Living_(Periodical)&oldid=165690.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 582. All rights reserved.


©1996-2022 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.