Berean Fellowship Church (Youngstown, Ohio, USA)
The Berean Fellowship Church (first known as Berean Mennonite Church) in Youngstown, Ohio, USA held its first service on 9 October 1961, though work on establishing a congregation in an African-American community had begun in 1959. Fred and Carolyn Augsburger were the first leaders of the congregation.
The first service in the sanctuary of the new building was held 15 August 1962, and the dedication service took place 7 October 1962.
The congregation held its final service on 1 July 2018 and sold its building to the Mercy Community Church.
"About us." Berean Fellowship Church. 2013. Web. 12 July 2018. https://www.bereanyoungstownchurch.com/about-us.html.
Berean Fellowship Church passes the baton." Ohio Mennonite Evangel 72, no. 4 (July/August 2018): 6.
Address: 1321 Lansdowne Blvd., Youngstown, Ohio 44505
Denominational Affiliations: Mennonite Church USA
Ohio Conference of Mennonite Church USA
Ordained Leaders at Berean Fellowship Church
|Fred E. Augsburger||1959-1982|
Membership at Berean Fellowship Church
|Date Published||July 2018|
Cite This Article
Steiner, Sam. "Berean Fellowship Church (Youngstown, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. July 2018. Web. 22 May 2019. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Berean_Fellowship_Church_(Youngstown,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=161154.
Steiner, Sam. (July 2018). Berean Fellowship Church (Youngstown, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 May 2019, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Berean_Fellowship_Church_(Youngstown,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=161154.
©1996-2019 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.