Alexandrabad (Zaporizhia Oblast, Ukraine)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Alexandrabad was a sanatorium on the bank of the Dnepr River in Ukraine, Russia, near the Chortitza settlement. It was established in 1907 by the Wieler brothers after the pattern of a Dresden sanatorium. Later the industrialist J. Niebuhr purchased and enlarged it. It served the Mennonite constituency and the surrounding population as a health and summer resort.

Bibliography

Hamm, D. A. "Das Gesundheitswesen in Chortitza." Mennonite Life 10 (1955): 86. Available in full electronic text at http://ml.bethelks.edu/store/ml/files/1955apr.pdf.


Author(s) Cornelius Krahn
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Krahn, Cornelius. "Alexandrabad (Zaporizhia Oblast, Ukraine)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 23 May 2019. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Alexandrabad_(Zaporizhia_Oblast,_Ukraine)&oldid=132405.

APA style

Krahn, Cornelius. (1959). Alexandrabad (Zaporizhia Oblast, Ukraine). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 May 2019, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Alexandrabad_(Zaporizhia_Oblast,_Ukraine)&oldid=132405.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1058. All rights reserved.


©1996-2019 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.