From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[checked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130820)
m
 
Line 1: Line 1:
The Wymark Evangelical Mennonite congregation began services and formally organized in 1958. The first building was occupied in 1958. The congregation originated through division from Sommerfelder and [[Old Colony Mennonites|Old Colony Mennonites]].
+
The Wymark Evangelical Mennonite congregation began services and formally organized in 1958. The first building was occupied in 1958. The congregation originated through division from [[Sommerfeld Mennonites|Sommerfelder]] and [[Old Colony Mennonites|Old Colony Mennonites]].
  
In 1965 there were 178 members; in 1975, 225; in 1985, 243; in 1995, 230; in 2000, 111. The congregation has been affiliated with the Evangelical Mennonite Conference since 1959. The language of worship is English and [[Dialect Literature and Speech, Low German|Low German]]; the transition from German occurred in the 1960s.
+
In 1965 there were 178 members; in 1975, 225; in 1985, 243; in 1995, 230; in 2000, 111. The congregation has been affiliated with the [[Evangelical Mennonite Conference (Kleine Gemeinde)|Evangelical Mennonite Conference]] since 1959. The language of worship is English and [[Dialect Literature and Speech, Low German|Low German]]; the transition from German occurred in the 1960s.
 +
= Additional Information =
 +
Address: Box 125, Wymark, SK S0N 2Y0
  
The congregation's address is Box 125, Wymark, SK, S0N 2Y0. (306) 773-9089. Minister Len Harms served in 2001 as a congregational leader.
+
Phone: 306-773-9089
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=|date=August 1986|a1_last=Epp|a1_first=Marlene|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=|date=August 1986|a1_last=Epp|a1_first=Marlene|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 +
[[Category:Churches]]

Latest revision as of 23:34, 25 November 2013

The Wymark Evangelical Mennonite congregation began services and formally organized in 1958. The first building was occupied in 1958. The congregation originated through division from Sommerfelder and Old Colony Mennonites.

In 1965 there were 178 members; in 1975, 225; in 1985, 243; in 1995, 230; in 2000, 111. The congregation has been affiliated with the Evangelical Mennonite Conference since 1959. The language of worship is English and Low German; the transition from German occurred in the 1960s.

[edit] Additional Information

Address: Box 125, Wymark, SK S0N 2Y0

Phone: 306-773-9089


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published August 1986


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Wymark Evangelical Mennonite Church (Wymark, Saskatchewan, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. August 1986. Web. 27 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Wymark_Evangelical_Mennonite_Church_(Wymark,_Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=104241.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (August 1986). Wymark Evangelical Mennonite Church (Wymark, Saskatchewan, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Wymark_Evangelical_Mennonite_Church_(Wymark,_Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=104241.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.