From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Williamson Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), located one mile west of Williamson in Franklin County, Pennsylvania, a member of the Washington County, Maryland, and Franklin County, Pennsylvania Mennonite Conference, had a joint min­isterial body with the Marion congregation until 23 March 1948, when Mahlon Eshleman was ordained exclusively for this congregation (William­son). Previous to 1869, when the meetinghouse was built, the members worshiped jointly with what is now the Marion congregation, the meetinghouse then being located at Brown's Mill. By 1924 the membership had dwindled to 5, but by 1954 had risen to 65. In 1957 the minister was Mahlon D. Eshleman, and the membership was 49.


Author(s) Clarence Shank
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Shank, Clarence. "Williamson Mennonite Church (Williamson, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 9 Dec 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Williamson_Mennonite_Church_(Williamson,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=86128.

APA style

Shank, Clarence. (1959). Williamson Mennonite Church (Williamson, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 9 December 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Williamson_Mennonite_Church_(Williamson,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=86128.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 957. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.