From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Mennonite Conference of Ontario in 1865 provided preaching services every four weeks for scattered families of Wellesley Township in the northwest corner of Waterloo County. Regular appointments were listed for twenty years. No communion service was reported. Since 1900 only a cemetery remains. The nearer Mennonite churches in the 1950s were Shantz north of Baden, Hawkesville to the east, and Maple View Amish Mennonite westward.


Author(s) Joseph C Fretz
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Fretz, Joseph C. "Wellesley (Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 27 Sep 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Wellesley_(Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=78726.

APA style

Fretz, Joseph C. (1959). Wellesley (Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 September 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Wellesley_(Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=78726.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 914. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.