From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Walsall Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), located near Johnstown, Pennsylvania, began as a mission Sunday-school outpost of the Stahl congregation in the Walsall school building in 1938. In 1941 a small chapel, with a seating capacity of 60, was erected by the Stahl congregation. It was organized as a congregation under the Allegheny Mennonite Conference in 1951. The membership in 1958 was 35, with David C. Alwine in charge. The community in which the church is located and from which the membership is drawn is of varied background. The congregation had a very rapid increase at the time of its organization, but since that time there has been a gradual decrease, due to the changing population and other reasons. In 1959 there were 32 members.


Author(s) David C Alwine
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Alwine, David C. "Walsall Mennonite Church (Johnstown, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 30 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Walsall_Mennonite_Church_(Johnstown,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=78580.

APA style

Alwine, David C. (1959). Walsall Mennonite Church (Johnstown, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Walsall_Mennonite_Church_(Johnstown,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=78580.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 882. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.