From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:38, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Würzburg-Giebelstadt, a Mennonite congregation with a meeting place in the city of Würzburg (1939 population, 107,915; 2007 population, 134,225) in northern Bavaria, and until 1955 having a subsidiary meeting place in the town of Giebelstadt about 7 miles south of Würzburg. In 1957 it had 75 baptized members, with Johannes Schmutz as elder (1933) and Ulrich Hirschler as preacher. Before 1950 the congregation was called Giebelstadt-Würzburg. The meetings in Würzburg were begun ca. 1927, and the congregation was really the Giebelstadt congregation which had its organized beginning in 1810 as the Rottenbauer congregation.


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Würzburg-Giebelstadt (Freistaat Bayern, Germany)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 24 Aug 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=W%C3%BCrzburg-Giebelstadt_(Freistaat_Bayern,_Germany)&oldid=86279.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1959). Würzburg-Giebelstadt (Freistaat Bayern, Germany). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 August 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=W%C3%BCrzburg-Giebelstadt_(Freistaat_Bayern,_Germany)&oldid=86279.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 997. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.