From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Würzburg-Giebelstadt, a Mennonite congregation with a meeting place in the city of Würzburg (1939 population, 107,915; 2007 population, 134,225) in northern Bavaria, and until 1955 having a subsidiary meeting place in the town of Giebelstadt about 7 miles south of Würzburg. In 1957 it had 75 baptized members, with Johannes Schmutz as elder (1933) and Ulrich Hirschler as preacher. Before 1950 the congregation was called Giebelstadt-Würzburg. The meetings in Würzburg were begun ca. 1927, and the congregation was really the Giebelstadt congregation which had its organized beginning in 1810 as the Rottenbauer congregation.


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Würzburg-Giebelstadt (Freistaat Bayern, Germany)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 29 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=W%C3%BCrzburg-Giebelstadt_(Freistaat_Bayern,_Germany)&oldid=86279.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1959). Würzburg-Giebelstadt (Freistaat Bayern, Germany). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=W%C3%BCrzburg-Giebelstadt_(Freistaat_Bayern,_Germany)&oldid=86279.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 997. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.