From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Urschitz (Uhrschitz) Hutterite Bruderhof, located near Slavkov u Brna (German, Austerlitz), Moravia, founded about the middle of the 16th century by Hutterites brought in by Ulrich von Kaunitz. The commune was forcibly evacuated, rebuilt in 1569, plundered in 1618. In October 1622 the Brethren had to abandon Urschitz with empty hands; they settled in Hungary. This Bruderhof was commonly called Taufarsky.

[edit] Bibliography

Hege, Christian and Christian Neff. Mennonitisches Lexikon, 4 vols. Frankfurt & Weierhof: Hege; Karlsruhe: Schneider, 1913-1967: v. IV.

Zieglschmid, A. J. F. Die älteste Chronik der Hutterischen Brüder: Ein Sprachdenkmal aus frühneuhochdeutscher Zeit. Ithaca: Cayuga Press, 1943.


Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

, . "Urschitz Hutterite Colony (Slavkov u Brna, Jihomoravský kraj, Czech Republic)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 25 Nov 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Urschitz_Hutterite_Colony_(Slavkov_u_Brna,_Jihomoravsk%C3%BD_kraj,_Czech_Republic)&oldid=106405.

APA style

, . (1959). Urschitz Hutterite Colony (Slavkov u Brna, Jihomoravský kraj, Czech Republic). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 November 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Urschitz_Hutterite_Colony_(Slavkov_u_Brna,_Jihomoravsk%C3%BD_kraj,_Czech_Republic)&oldid=106405.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 789. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.