From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

United Mennonite Educational Institute (Mennonite Church USA), Leamington, Ontario, was established in 1944. The 1957-58 enrollment was 86, and its faculty numbered four, with Peter C. Sawatzky as principal. Eleven men were on its board of directors, whose chairman was Ewald Wiebe Staples. The institution has two buildings, a classroom building and an auditorium. With a term of 8½ months the school offers the usual academic subjects but also attempts "to teach and cultivate . . . the fundamentals in Church and Mennonite History and also the German language" for the purpose of "retaining and cultivating" the religious life of the Mennonite congregations of Ontario.

[edit] Additional Information

Web site: http://www.umei.on.ca/


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "United Mennonite Educational Institute (Leamington, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 2 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=United_Mennonite_Educational_Institute_(Leamington,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=78398.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1959). United Mennonite Educational Institute (Leamington, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 2 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=United_Mennonite_Educational_Institute_(Leamington,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=78398.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 774. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.