United Bethel Mennonite Church (formerly United Bethel Conservative Mennonite Church) (Biblical Mennonite Alliance), located near Plain City, in Madison County, Ohio, originally a member of the Conservative (Amish) Mennonite Conference, was started by a few Amish families who met for Sunday school, beginning in 1938. Andrew Farmwald was ordained as minister, and Harry Stutzman, of Holmes County, Ohio, was given bishop oversight of the church. Enos Yoder was ordained to the ministry on 26 January 1948, and was still the minister in charge in 1957. The meeting house, built in 1948, is a frame structure seating 300 persons. In 1957 the membership was 164, with Ray F. Miller as bishop in charge.
In February 2000 the congregation joined the Biblical Mennonite Alliance.
In 2012 the leading minister was D. Clyde Byler and the associate pastors were Wesley D. Helmuth and Lonnie J. Miller. The congregational membership was 240 and the average weekly attendance was 250.
Biblical Mennonite Alliance. "BMA Directory 2012." Web. 15 May 2012. http://www.biblicalmennonite.com/support-files/2012-bma-directory-updated-mar-12-for-web.pdf.
Hershberger, Brenda. Anabaptist (Mennonite) Directory 2012-13. Harrisonburg, VA: The Sword and Trumpet, 2012: 42.
 Additional Information
Address: 11342 Lafayette P. C. Road, Plain City, OH 43064
Website: United Bethel Mennonite Church
|Author(s)||Andrew D. Farmwald|
|Richard D. Thiessen|
|Date Published||May 2012|
 Cite This Article
Farmwald, Andrew D. and Richard D. Thiessen. "United Bethel Mennonite Church (Plain City, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. May 2012. Web. 24 May 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=United_Bethel_Mennonite_Church_(Plain_City,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=113673.
Farmwald, Andrew D. and Richard D. Thiessen. (May 2012). United Bethel Mennonite Church (Plain City, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 May 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=United_Bethel_Mennonite_Church_(Plain_City,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=113673.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.