From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
Tuleta Mennonite Church, ca. 1957.
Scan courtesy Mennonite Church USA Archives-Goshen X-31.1, Box 17/28

Tuleta Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), a member of the South Central Mennonite Conference located near Tuleta, Bee County, in southern Texas, between San Antonio and Corpus Christi, was founded in 1905 by Peter Unzicker, a minister from Illinois, who acquired considerable property here and laid out the town site. A few years later other families moved in. Early ministers were J. M. R. Weaver, D. S. King, D. Y. Hooley, C. L. Ressler, and Adolph Nick 1923-1925, Daniel Kauffman and Amos S. Horst 1928-1929, and E. S. Hallman 1929-d. 1950. A severe drought in 1917 and other reasons caused most of the families to leave. The highest membership was 104, and the lowest 9, which was the membership in 1957.


Author(s) Eli S Hallman
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Hallman, Eli S. "Tuleta Mennonite Church (Tuleta, Texas, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 1 Nov 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Tuleta_Mennonite_Church_(Tuleta,_Texas,_USA)&oldid=104789.

APA style

Hallman, Eli S. (1959). Tuleta Mennonite Church (Tuleta, Texas, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 1 November 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Tuleta_Mennonite_Church_(Tuleta,_Texas,_USA)&oldid=104789.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 753. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.