Terek Mennonite Brethren Church (Talma, Republic of Dagestan, Russia)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Terek Mennonite Brethren Church was established in 1901 in the Terek Mennonite Settlement. In 1905 Jacob Dörksen was leader of the congregation; in 1913 it was Christian Ch. Schmidt. Other ministers were Cornelius Wittenberg, David Wölk, Gerhard Wiens, Gerhard Sukkau, Johann Löpp, and Heinrich Sukkau. In 1910 the congregation became independent. In 1912 it built a meeting house in the village of Talma. The congregation was dissolved when the settlers left the settlement in 1923.

Bibliography

Dirks, H. Statistik der Mennonitengemeinden. Leipzig, 1906.

Epp, D. H. Adressbüchlein. Taurien, 1913.

Toews, C. P. Die Tereker Ansiedlung. Steinbach, 1945: 22.


Author(s) Cornelius Krahn
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Krahn, Cornelius. "Terek Mennonite Brethren Church (Talma, Republic of Dagestan, Russia)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 23 Sep 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Terek_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Talma,_Republic_of_Dagestan,_Russia)&oldid=122269.

APA style

Krahn, Cornelius. (1959). Terek Mennonite Brethren Church (Talma, Republic of Dagestan, Russia). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 September 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Terek_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Talma,_Republic_of_Dagestan,_Russia)&oldid=122269.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 696. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.