From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

St. Elizabeth Mennonite Church, now extinct, located 25 miles south of Winnipeg, Manitoba, began in 1915 when the Seth Miller family and others moved here in 1915-18. These settlers organized a Sunday school on 1 March 1919, with A. A. Zook and Seth Miller as superintendents. The largest membership was 15. They were affiliated with the Dakota-Montana Conference (now North Central), and ministers from the district filled monthly appointments. At different times Allan Good and J. M. Kreider held special meetings. The work was discontinued because of the Great Depression, prejudice against German-speaking people, and lack of a resident minister.


Author(s) Floyd Kauffman
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Kauffman, Floyd. "St. Elizabeth Mennonite Church (St. Elizabeth, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 3 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=St._Elizabeth_Mennonite_Church_(St._Elizabeth,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=110989.

APA style

Kauffman, Floyd. (1959). St. Elizabeth Mennonite Church (St. Elizabeth, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 3 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=St._Elizabeth_Mennonite_Church_(St._Elizabeth,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=110989.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 401. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.