From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Smirna Mennonite Church, Coamo Arriba, Puerto Rico, was founded in 1950 as an outpost of the Bethany congregation. The first converts were baptized 21 October 1951. The meetinghouse was erected in 1953. In 1958 the membership was 19, with Jose M. Ortiz and Lester Hershey as ministers.

[edit] Bibliography

Widmer, Gladys. We Enter Puerto Rico. Elkhart, 1952.


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Smirna Mennonite Church (Coamo, Puerto Rico)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 31 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Smirna_Mennonite_Church_(Coamo,_Puerto_Rico)&oldid=85044.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1959). Smirna Mennonite Church (Coamo, Puerto Rico). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 31 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Smirna_Mennonite_Church_(Coamo,_Puerto_Rico)&oldid=85044.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1126. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.