From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Sharon Mennonite Brethren Church located at Hooker, Oklahoma, was organized 8 January 1936, with a membership of 30. Henry S. Voth was the first leader. The following have served as pastors of the church: H. S. Voth, Abraham Cornelsen, H. B. Pauls, B. C. Willems, H. H. Hiebert, and M. R. Schimnowski. Peter V. and Elizabeth Balzer have gone out as missionaries to India. The first church building was built in 1905, and the present building in 1925. The 1957 membership was 117. In 1957 the name was changed to Adams Mennonite Brethren Church.


Author(s) H. H Hiebert
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Hiebert, H. H. "Sharon Mennonite Brethren Church (Hooker, Oklahoma, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 24 Nov 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Sharon_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Hooker,_Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=96399.

APA style

Hiebert, H. H. (1959). Sharon Mennonite Brethren Church (Hooker, Oklahoma, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 November 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Sharon_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Hooker,_Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=96399.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 512. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.