From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Adams Mennonite Brethren Church is a rural church west of Adams, Oklahoma. First organized as the Hooker Mennonite Brethren Church in 1905, with 30 members, its first leader was H. S. Voth. Its meetinghouse was dedicated in 1906. In the mid 1950s the present name was adopted. The membership in 1957 was 117, with Abe D. Unruh as pastor.

[edit] Additional Information

Address: 609 Alyndon Street, Adams OK 73901

Telephone: 580-338-5279

Denominational Affiliations:

Southern District Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches

U.S. Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches

General Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "Adams Mennonite Brethren Church (Adams, Oklahoma, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 29 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Adams_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Adams,_Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=116089.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1959). Adams Mennonite Brethren Church (Adams, Oklahoma, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Adams_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Adams,_Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=116089.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1056. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.